Open Call for Travel Changemakers Who Built Back Better with Tech!
WiT collaborates with ATTIA to launch new awards
WebInTravel (WiT), Asia Pacific’s leading travel tech news and events platform, will launch an awards series, the Travel Changemakers Awards, at its signature conference in Singapore this year. The Awards aim to recognise travel innovators that have used technology to build back better, post-pandemic. Award winners will be announced at WiT Singapore, 2-4 Oct 2023.
The Travel Changemakers Awards are supported by the Asia Travel Technology Industry Association (ATTIA). ATTIA represents companies that operate in the travel and tourism sector in Asia Pacific and have technology and innovation at their core. Its members include Agoda, Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia Group, Amadeus, Travelport and Skyscanner.
About the Awards
Travel Changemakers Awards recognises innovators in Asia Pacific who have seized the opportunity to introduce new initiatives and programmes to transform not only their organisation but also the industry, with the imaginative and clever use of technology at the heart of the change.
There are five Awards categories:
- Environmental Awareness & Action: Spreading the message of environmental awareness through a specific programme/activity
- Local Community Engagement: Deepening engagement with local communities through a specific programme/activity
- Hidden Gems: Uncovering hidden gems in a destination through a specific programme/activity
- Regenerative Tourism: Repurposing of assets or regenerating a destination through a specific programme/activity
- Diversity & Inclusion: Empowering under-represented segments of the population through a specific programme/activity
The Awards are open to nominations by all in the travel industry, be it a tourism board, NGO, NPO (not-for-profit), social enterprise, public sector enterprise or private sector organization. The submission should describe programmes and activities that were launched between May 2020 and December 2022.
A panel of experts, curated by WiT and ATTIA, will form the jury and will be announced at a later date. The deadline for entries is July 31, 2023.